Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Why a blog? Part One

I'm finally at a point in my life where my mind is clear enough to focus on some of the things I love most, to start with; reading and writing.  OK, I got the reading part down but what about the writing?  I just have this need within me to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard as it were. Some people knit, decorate their homes or paint to express their creativity - I write!  (I do the other stuff to, well except knit - haven't got the knack for that yet) I'll be honest, I haven't written a lot, mostly because I don't have the time or energy plus I have moderate arthritis and acute carpal tunnel but I'm on the eve of my 39th birthday, its time to get serious!

This blog will be about everything (my improved hell) my life's journey, living with bi-polar depression, lupus (and all the manifestations that lupus brings), being financially destitute, my kids, life in Oregon, life in Texas, my career, my relationship with my husband and living with an alcoholic.  That is just the beginning!  I also love to make people laugh!  I come from a family with a very dry, sarcastic (and most of the time twisted and sick) sense of humor.  I've been told I should have been a comedian (ain't nobody got time for that!) but I'm also deathly afraid of public speaking.  I'm not sure where it stems from, but I have a slight stutter, especially when I get nervous.  But, with my improved health, I've been able to stop using some of the mind numbing medications, there for becoming more confident, and alas, able to write again!

My first inspiration is my improved health, weight loss and fitness journey I started this year.  I didn't want to do "just another weight loss blog" bragging about my tight booty and abs and suggesting dreadful meals made with tofu and allege that's all I eat.  I've had about enough of those - but I do want to share my success (in a forum other than Facebook) , hopefully make y'all laugh, and to help others that may be where I was.

Stay Classy!  Leslie~


5 comments:

  1. I will follow this blog with enthusiasm and excitement! :) You ALWAYS make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will definitely have a follower in me Les, I absolutely adore you as a person and friend and look forward to reading what you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will stalk your every written word, you sassy, classy, hot piece of AWESOME Leslie ASS! <3 Funny, I use "stay classy, America" to end my blog! We are sisters. Sisters who need to get together and drink wine and eat cheese, and pretend that nothing contains calories. Because for us, nothing will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, Leslie! So glad you are making time to do this. We girls gotta make time for ourselves, our health, our dreams, our aspirations, and TOGETHER we can rule the universe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I will definitely follow your journey! This is great. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete