Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Birthdays!

Here I sit in the last few moments of my 39th birthday.  I received presents, cakes, phone calls, flowers, cards - even a gourmet salad!  My family and I went out to a lovely dinner at our favorite Texas themed steak house.  Some of our friends stopped by to say and hello and with birthday wishes, all in all-a pleasant enough day.  Do I look any older? No.... I pretty much look like I did yesterday, well except for the large pimple on my chin.

Why are birthdays such a big deal?  I certainly don't care about mine and could care less if I got wished a happy birthday.  But when its someone else's birthday I go all out to make that certain friend or family member feel special, so yeah, I get it.  I'm loved and my friends and family want to make me feel special on my birthday.  I certainly don't expect gifts, in fact, Id rather not receive any at all!  My Mom LOVES to go to the thrift store and buy a bunch of crap, spend about $8.00 then spend $20.00 to ship it all from Estacada, Or to San Antonio,Tx.

I know, its the thought that counts, I just wish people wouldn't make a fuss over me!  I wish my Mom wouldn't spend the very minimal social security money she gets on me.  I have plenty, If I want something -I buy it!  I never wait for special occasions therefore I have everything I could ever want and more! With that being said, I don't buy gifts just because its someones birthday.  If I see something meaningful that I think someone would like, I buy it, regardless if its their birthday or not- so sometimes my friends and family don't receive anything at all from me.  I just happen to believe we shouldn't wait until that persons birthday to express our love and friendship, that is some thing we should do year round.

I got totally off track on this shit - I don't even remember what I really wanted to write about originally.  Oh yeah.....  So my most memorable gifts are those that are hand made - or - the written word.  My Mom did both.  She loves to make cards, well make anything.  She is super creative and talented.  So she made me the cutest card and wrote very nice sentiments.

Front



Inside



Back


I just thought this was so sweet and cute!  She cut out all the little pictures and letters out of a jewelry catalog.  She also knows how much I love Paris so she cut out little fleur de lis - so cute!



This is the card that Ed gave me,  he knows how I love my skinny bitch jeans!



And then there was last year, I received this message from my dear wonderful, talented friend and consumer of all things extravagant and elegant:  Sylvia Flores;

Sylvia Flores posted to Leslie Anderson
October 5, 2012 at 10:37am · 

Leslie Anderson, if I was in Texas right now, I would be making you a big, FAT ManMosa or a Bloody Mary and would create a cake the size of SPAIN in which a scantily clad man servant would jump out of in order to serve you that and presents such as, but not limited to: Diamonds. Cash. Expensive handbags. Shoes. An exotic pet such as a llama or puma. And so on. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SISTER! 
Additionally, we would sweep away in a stretch limo to an airport to board our private aircraft piloted by a movie star so that we could go to a private island party--the island of Leslie. And everyone would be all: "LESLIE! Oh my god. You are so beautiful.  Great party! Happy birthday!" and they would also give you expensive presents. You would respond humbly, "Oh thank you, dear. You know, these GORGEOUS looks don't come from clean living!" to which everyone would laugh. Then the paparazzi would be overhead shooting photos which would appear in Vanity Fair, InStyle, GQ, Esquire, Vogue, etc. as the biggest, most kick-ass party EVER. And so on.
And YOU would be on the cover. Headline: "LESLIE ANDERSON. HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE AND HER EPIC BIRTHDAY PARTY YOU WISH YOU WERE INVITED TO"
There. My reign of terror is now over.

Happy Birthday!

HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU!!!! 

And then there was this little message from my dear friend David Pelker;

Leslie, I swear....that woman Sylvia Flores totally stole my Birthday plans for you. Except I was going to bake you a cake the size of Brazil with WAY hotter guys in it all wearing Louis Vuitton jock straps and ravishing you in frosting and hot candle wax. And there was something else to do with Tequila, and and Cartier jewelry but i forgot what it was. So anyway, have fun on the island and have the Best Damn Happy Birthday Ever!!

So as you can see - the written word is such a wonderful gift, one of the most meaningful gifts of all.  

Mad love to ALL and always...

Stay Classy!  Leslie~








2 comments:

  1. Some cool peeps there and awesome that you hung on to their sweet sentiments.... gifts to treasure indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Cindy, exactly! It just seemed so special to me that someone would take the time to write the sentiments. Also special to think I would inspire someone to do so!

      Delete